Saturday 11 November 2023

A tale of two trains

 Tuesday night and heading up the city to see this. I said Tuesday....



On the train and everything, going out out etc.  (I do like going on a train).


Someone pointed out the date. I was going tomorrow (Wednesday). What to do? Coach and Horses till the next train back.  Pint of Chalk Hill Brewery CHB and then one of TAP for £8 all in.


Now it's Wednesday. Meet the Eldest in the Artichoke as Norwich's smallest pub (Malt and Mardle) unsurprisingly is full. Arti lager is £5. Not bad and we had two. Mostly discussed the hateful Braveman.  

Epic Studios and to the bar. Pint of Stella. £6.80. How much?    No thanks, I can get 4 pint cans for less. What's yer cheapest? AKB Hells for  £6.
 
Jah Wobble? A big bloke with a big face. Proper Cockney showman. He did spend a lot of time playing his bass sitting down as he was old he said. And so were most of us. 


Poptones a stand out for me

Drive to the forest in a Japanese car The smell of rubber on country tar. Hindsight done me no goodStanding naked in this back of the woods The cassette played poptones I can't forget the impression you made you left a hole in the back of my head  I don't like hiding in this foliage and peat It's wet and I'm losing my body heat 
Back to the station crossing the Wensum on Fye Bridge

Last train home, not the Friday/Saturday Vomit Comet








2 comments: