Tuesday 29 May 2018

Tigers by their tails.

Been  some good weather over the weekend but the haars (sea frets) are never far away from Bureboy Villas. Managed to get a barbie in, and several family events so worked out well, accompanied by the elixir of life.


Had to fit in a quick chevin spot. Only a few  visible, guess the rest were up the creek without a paddle. On review that might be one of the ancient barbel at the front.


In between the frivolities and reminders of our temporary tenure on this planet tench remained on my mind though anything else that came along would be welcome.  Float rod and mini boilies as is my wont of late. Sunday and a quick sortie on the very local water, adrift on an island  amongst a sea of rhododendron purple. Not that purple given the swirling sea frets. First up a solid bream 


Next cast and I thought I'd hit into a mud pig  such was the bow wave and beeline for the dam if not the horizon.  Clamping down I bought the fish to bear, and a wallowing began. I'd foul hooked it in the tail and  even with no water flow through it's gills as I brought it in backwards it was still pretty cross with events.


Curfew time approaching and a noticeable increase in grunt and that characteristic slapping of the line with the paintbrush tail. Greys to pinks dominating this tench, a decent plump female. Job done  home before the sentries had begun their countdown to lock out.


An even shorter pass out on Monday and this time I was perched on the staging, in amongst a swirling sea fret. Purple peeping out.


Despite a jacuzzi effect I only had two solid bites, one shot off, leaving a big silvery bream scale on the hook and the other was nicely hooked at the other end this time. Upper tail  lobe quite deformed. I think I had pushed my luck with the sentries on my return judging by the crossed arms and set jaw.


Secret squirrel commute sortie in a real pea souper of a haar and another tail hooked bream that had ideas way above it's station. Spawning bumps again, its a topsy turvey spring. Slipped past the sentries this time. You aint seen me right....












2 comments: