Thursday 25 June 2020

Seek the shade

Headed off to the river to col down after some essential maintenance, all  the mill pools were full of frolickers, school is out, work is out, sun is out. I can't see why people all congregate though. Perhaps it's because I'm an anti-social old bugger who has no real Fear Of Missing Out. Next time you go out to a place with a big car park or field, try parking as far away as you can from other cars, and preferably at  a jaunty angle and see how long it takes for others to cross that empty space to park next to you. At a suitably jaunty angle.  Which is how hats should always be worn.


My Dangling Indirect  peaked hat, rakishly set as the jauntiest angle I could get offered some protection from the Flaming June sun but I was glad of the stand of poplars opposite to offer some decent shade.


The river was sluggish, and coloured from the frolicking upstream but I coaxed out a few prizes before I kicked my maggots down a large cow hoof shaped hole. Deep enough for me to have to hunt round for my brand new disgorger. I'd had  some perch, a dace and a few gudgeon but mostly roach. Nothing nettable but all pretty enough to feature in a dream of jewelled fishes.  








I and  a dog walkeress had to be quite firm with a film crew doing some such to promote their canoe business. As they didn't live in the country they saw no need to shut field gates, or question whether driving round  a pasture was ok. 

No comments:

Post a Comment