Monday 1 June 2020

Gooseberries?


Friday saw us and the Little 'Uns loaded into the Commander in Chief's Attack Vehicle as we made a near dawn raid on a burnished strand. Phase 2 was looming and you can see that we had to dig in to protect us from the raging hordes...almost deserted. lovely jubbly indeed.


Most of that burnished stand has been imported to protect the Gas terminal poking its head over the sand and clay cliffs


Along the tide line, glistening in the sun were wrecks of sea gooseberries. Google tells me they are bio-luminescent so a stunning night time display that would make.


May and early June are probably the most flower filled months before we head into high summer  and the listless doldrums especially when verges have been given a helping hand.





Much dusty  gardening ensued before I was allowed a slightly extended pass out  and time enough to laced the ledge with pellet and corn before setting about the assembled diners bubbling before me. Several of which filled my net briefly.




Watch out for the pink one..too late. Method feeder fishing can be like taking candy from a baby  sometimes.



My last cast saw the feeder crash into the water short of the ledge as the line had looped round an eye and I was unable to reel in. Hand lining an empty 35 gramme  feeder shouldn't  be difficult and it certainly shouldn't pull back..... a veritable bar of titchy tenchy soap seemed to have hooked itself.


As I sanitised the locks and my hands as I closed the gate a lovelorn cuckoo made itself plaintively known and the jays gave their kookaburra verdict. How do they find those acorns they bury to keep them going through the doldrums?.










No comments:

Post a Comment