Monday 28 June 2021

Sunday, Sunday

After Saturday's no-event curry the Commander-in Chief's melting brisket with a rich deep gravy restored the balance and I headed off to the Next Nearest  a very contented Bure Boi. Waggler or bust since I hadn't yesterday with mostly two grains of golden goodness on the Kamasan B560 #14. A warmish but stiff wind meant I had to work to keep the bait steady and lots of regular feeding over an initial balling in of my remaining Black Bream were required to maintain interest. It's a good depth 3 rods out and might suit the slider, certainly with bigger hookbaits. One to ponder on. Deep enough for even these still just about skimmers to make me reach to flick off the anti reverse.


Several kingfishers were active, those brilliant halcyon turquoise darts streaking across the pool and a lone tern, very white looking (sandwich tern perhaps). One hovering bird caught my eye, seemed much larger than a kestrel but the guide books tell me nothing else hovers so it must have been. This narrow winged damsel did stop briefly for it's photo.


The bream (by now not skimmer sized) started to feed in earnest and seemed to do so in increasing size order.



I'm sure this fish was one of a run of a run of red or red blemished pectoral finned ones I had over  a couple of weeks this time last year and the biggest of the bunch today.


And if they got there first a few roach joined the party, and I saved the best for my last, last, last cast. 







.


2 comments:

  1. Talking about take out in your area …….if you haven’t already try Fat Teds street food Sheringham 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's on my (insert further local reference) Bucket List.......

      Delete