Saturday 18 December 2021

All at sixes (not sevens)

Fog and mizzle, not even the halcyon blur of  a kingfisher could lighten up the gloom, mild though and not a breath of wind. River full to the brim but steady. Maggots nearly a month old and still going. Primed the swim and second trot a missed bite. Didn't miss the next one. Not a netter but what I'd hoped for anyway.  A freshly minted roach and a joy to behold.


Almost dark now and as I couldn't really see the float held back at the end of the run and struck blind. Five times this worked and five times I smiled to myself..


Even spotted a few rolling a bit further up the stretch to put in the swim bank. Gonna be dull with hardly footie on this weekend as Omicron starts to exert its effects..

4 comments:

  1. Who needs to see the float. I see a lot of people just start winding back at the end of the trot instead of doing what you did. I'm sure they miss out on a lot of fish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. There are bigger there but just what the doctor ordered.

      Delete