Saturday 11 December 2021

Birds

You can't see them here but I could. Three (it's often three) buzzards wheeling over that copse on the ridge. My work commute affords me many sightings of buzzards, red kites, kestrels on my way in and out of work. Thrills me every time, every day. And veeeeeeerrrrry occasionally a big ole sea eagle flies over Fakenham on its way to the North Norfolk marshes and coastal reserves (tracked by tag). Twice over my charabanc, and the last time being harried by a kite and buzzard for handy size comparison. They are biiiiiiig.  I can't see why people  still persecute such magnificent birds, trap crows and magpies and as locally recently earth up badger sets. But I'd happily see inland cormorants decimated. Nowt as contrary as folk.





3 comments:

  1. I was told that the reason you see buzzards in threes is the two adults and their offspring.

    ReplyDelete