Wednesday 13 July 2022

Chalk 'n' cheese

I needed  some respite from the noisy canal so headed for a quieter place i know and parked my sorry arse on the neatly manicured sward with chiffchaffs jays, magpies and  a crow for company. Hot but bearable as the sun dipped past the poplars. Small fish feasting on a big hatch of something small and big ole grey hippo-like bream rolling in the greasy Limpopo surface layers.

I'd got two neat little flatbeds out by 6.25 and balled in 5 jaffas of 50/50 Black Bream and brown crumb laced with a tin of corn and spread a top up of 6mm Spicy Sausage pellets and relaxed with an obligatory  fiery ginger beer. 

The church clock had barely chimed 7 times before the right hand (pink tuna) baitrunner was fizzing and a jolly decent bream was bought in protesting and nearly refusing to surrender into the newly festering second string stink net.

 

I'd said to the Loafer that sometimes they seemed to prefer one colour/flavour and it seemed that the Pink Un's were the wafter of choice as another bream was cashing in on the shocking pink fish supper club.




A miscast into the right hand area with  a sneaky yellow peril proved this wrong as this old lump of a
male barry hovered up the wrong'un. so clumsily deployed.


Normal service resumed with a recast of both rods (yellow left/pink right) and a male tench was soon charging about causing mayhem.


A fresher not quite skimmer with a taste for pineapple followed. 


I was down to my very last feeder full of squid and krill as the church clock chimed 8....


Out it went and the bobbin was ripped out of my hand as I clipped it on the line, and the fifth bream of the evening was mine. Time to go home for my tea.


They've got their post spawning slime back, my net, mat and clothes were covered in what resembled the contents of the lavage bucket after Marc Almond's infamous visit to A&E....or a wild evening at St. Osyth for the Beach Gentlemen











ming ay 

 






3 comments: