Monday 5 September 2022

Back home

Thursday and an early start meant an early finish. I had some old maggots and worms to use up and off to the river I went. Paltry rewards for an hours trotting the back eddy, I tried off the rickety bridge but  a 2lb plus brownie, a 10 foot drop and  a ten foot landing net pole in gusting wind meant disaster. Nice scrap though. I didn't fancy any more fruitless trotting in the wind so drowned a few worms on the tip and magically the "fishless" pool contained perch. Which was  very nice. And I do like the smell of brandlings/dendros.


And these, which wasn't quite so nice but never mind. 


Friday was Fun Fair night as the Commander in Chief was watching an Alan Bennett in a Little Theatre. Lovely evening on the coast and good for a swim too. I didn't go in.




    We didn't go on this. The House of Fun though was reported to have indeed been fun.


Saturday and  I set out my stall for bream. I had to set up in a downpour. Soon dried off in the warm wind luckily. I was on the mini flat beds and had a couple of these pretty just bigger than skimmers and a lovely (male) tench which is what I'd been secretly after. Yellow wafter was the order of the brief-ish  late afternoon. The Pink'un was completely ignored.  Intense kingfisher activity and a few swallows and martins still about.











4 comments: