Sunday 7 February 2021

Bottled at sauce

Once more I can get behind the wheel of the BureBoi charabanc, courtesy of  a rather brusque sawbones diagnosing Colles fracture healage by dint of her cold, efficient 3D imaging abilities. X-ray? the timid attendant mumbled forlornly and fruitlessly. 

However, we are being lashed by intense winds  (50mph+) having had torrential rain yesterday and await a forecast white out that had the local mouth breathing populace queuing like so many slaughter bound cattle round several blocks to panic buy, all Pac-a-Mac clear rain hoods and gout ridden noses drooping over plague masks with their dripping gouty noses and rain obscured and steamed up glasses..

So, rather than sallying forth to tempt the ravenous hordes of dace and roach that have been waiting for my attention I am admiring the dead level and well braced shelves I put back up yesterday and contemplating a click and collect Dangling Indirect bait order for the week ahead.

But before I do venture out (the Little 'Uns are pressing for a healage testing bike ride before the snow arrives) I'm procrastinating with this post about the king of all table sauces, HP sauce. Not generic Brown sauce, or even (probably) Deli procured Artisan offerings but the real deal HP sauce. I think it's the tamarind that does it. 


I know Heinz tommy sauce is most peoples standard go to, and for me with take out fish and chips and lashings of vinegar yes too, but for your brekkies and what ever time fry ups or bankside sossidges these days it just has to be HP. 

8 comments:

  1. HP = Quality Street - Heinz Tommy Ketchup = Council House. Just how much more of a snob can I be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that. We all have a snob in us somewhere...

      Delete
  2. HP great but Daddie's is my fave. Tom sauce is fine but for me HP/Daddies is no 1.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll have to do a bankside test when this bollocks has calmed down a bit.

      Delete
  3. Myself I prefer the dry stuff, Cajun specialties.
    Great for rubs and your scrambled eggs.
    An off question, do you have cod in your waters? And can you fish for them from shore?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, cod. Not many anymore off our East Anglian shores (beach or boat) but they do come and go in cycles and are more prolific on other coasts. Just as well as cod are Britain's favourite white fish, deep fried in batter with chips (fries). A lot come from off Iceland.

      Delete