Tuesday 2 February 2021

You can take the Boi out of Essex....

I'm definitely on an Essex roll, as well as Gillian Darley's Excellent Essex I had to You Tube  Jonathan Meade's Joy of Essex which was satisfyingly Essex cliché laden in his inimitable stylee


And lo and hold on BBC Radio 3  The Essay: Ode to Essex with Billy Bragg's Metropolitan Essex, Ken Worpole's Brightening from the East, obviously Darley's The Essex Way, Lavinia Greenlaw's Refusal of Place and Washed up in Essex by AL Kennedy. 



Most excellent.

2 comments:

  1. Billy Bragg's grandad is from Thorrington ! AL Kennedy walking Alresford creek in a "dag".
    Ooh arrrgh oooh arghhh, you're not from arooound here.
    Apparently that's what the locals call fog.
    That's a new one on me and I think I just about qualify as a loooocal.

    ReplyDelete