Sunday 14 February 2021

Lazarus reprieved

Been tidying up junk since we are marooned by snow drifts, the wind still rages, sending impassable drifts from the fields to block roads in mere minutes. There is rain incoming which should help and  temps set  to move towards near double figures. Fired up the Nikon 40 battery and  for now at least the battered old thing works again. Abuse has left the lens connections damaged but I've an inkling that a replacement lens (the kit 18-52mm did ingest  a serious amount of water when the whole lot went in the drink) might be a part answer.  When I do occasionally resurrect it Lazarus like I'm amazed  by the depth of colour and simpler focussing when compared to my equally abused Nikon D3300. I'll see how much life is left in it before looking for a second hand replacement lens to try.

Fired of a couple of auto shots and  pleased with this one. And that's the shelving that collapsed when I was having my wrist set and I have put back up, hence the tidying. Love the pictures from Colchester United's proper old Layer Road ground. The first Championship season vs Norwich City. The Norwich defensive wall knew what was coming even before the free kick was taken (Paul Docherty with his head in his hands, voted worst player ever by Spurs fans when he was a forward for them, and certainly the worst left back I have ever seen in a Canaries shirt, there  are some pro players who you wander  how they ever became pro, he was one  and I like to think Gordon Ramsey would have been similar if he ever did  actually get to play first team level for Rangers,  but that's  only because he is such a knob). Amazing zoom on the bridge camera I had then. Anyway, the U's won 3-0 and had to arrange a taxi home for the Canaries physio who was left behind when the team bus drove off without him.





2 comments:

  1. I'm amazed how some cameras can survive been flung in a river, while others (mine) only have to be left in a damp bag to stop working.

    ReplyDelete