Monday 9 August 2021

Bastard rain

Whilst the Levant burns we are getting wet. A lot. I chanced my luck yesterday on the Next Nearest but as I was going on the staging didn't pack a brolly, and can't really float fish under one anyway.  I'd been to Dangling Indirect on the way and the first few spots hit the screen on the way over triggering the auto wipers and the auto lights too.  I contemplated things for a while in the lake car park listening to a washed out TMS and as the rain spots hadn't really taken off  spun the code combo on the gate and got myself set up for  a waggler attack with corn and dendros. I'd just balled in 5 jaffas of left over Black Bream, pellet, corn and hemp when a sudden squall heralded stair rod rain from over my right shoulder. I hastily covered things up  as best I could and headed back to the car  to steam up the windows for  a while.

Got back to the sodden gear after 25 minutes and set about building up the swim with more pellet and corn and the resident U-boat got herself busy charging at the roach I was returning. A serious lump of  a fish. But one that's out of bounds for now at least.

Lost a fish that was heavy and stubborn to a hook pull then a turbocharged thing had me thinking of tench until I saw a bronzed flank and  a dendro hanging  accusingly from a pectoral fin. 


Next one was a tench but after several left and right ding dongs the hook pulled again. Do need to get on Fleabay for some #12 B560's  if I'm going to use the corn/ dendro cocktail or thee grains of corn more.

Another dash to the car  then  time for a couple more bream before narrowly avoiding an absolute monsoon and heading back the homestead for tea. Got  a week off now so as well as days out and gardening I'm gonna mix it up  a bit I hope. But if I don't and stick to the same old you'll have to look at a  lot of bream.








2 comments: