Thursday 12 August 2021

No bream today

Road works again, lots of fun getting in and out of the majestic mile long sweep of the gravelled drive of BureBoi Villas for a while then.. 

Another sortie on the river before tea, this time in a local swimming spot so I opted for a float so at least the general area I was fishing would be visible to the local Crewdem. I know early morning or later would be better but the fish must get used to the commotion. A bonus was fishing in shade and I love the sound and smell  of a weir. A swing out to the eyeot and trot up the back eddy. I'll try wading out to it next time.



Must have been thick with fish as not much trot before a dip of the float and a nice show for the passing traffic. The extra length of the Greys 15 footer very useful for keeping the line  to the float under control at that distance, and a bit more impressive to look at in action too. This was said action with a skippy little brownie on the end of my line.


Said skippy brownie.


The rest on the float were dace, not anything really decent but fun anyway. I do think I need to get set up better on that eyeot with a decent feeding pattern to get the better dace and roach on it, and a few chublets too. And of course some brownies.


The Crewdem must have been called home for their Turkey Twizzlers as it went quiet so spent 10 minutes rolling a worm and had this bristling swaggery perch before going home for my tea too.


Which wasn't Turkey Twizzlers this time anyway.












3 comments:

  1. It is a rather splendid rod that 15' Greys. Soft enough to deal with dace and powerful enough for barbel.

    ReplyDelete