Sunday 25 April 2021

Enough of this bastard wind already

Short one this, mostly because I'm still frozen. An afternoon on the Next Nearest Local Water, which was the busiest  I've seen it  since that first time in May 2020 when we, as anglers were very fortunate to be released back into the green spaces before many others so I tucked myself into an area where I would not be disturbing the carefully laid traps of those who'd braved the cruel wind before me. Hindsight screams at me that I should have just plumped for two flat bed method feeders with my hands firmly in my big coat's pockets. But being an awkward bugger I went for corn under a waggler, two rods out. The wind and tow sort of cancelled each other out  but my eyesight saving 2 #6 shot held but only a fair bit over depth which limited sensitivity. And not a day to be dotted down to a gnats either.


Just one fish troubled the stink net, which is fast disintegrating, partly from abuse and poor handling but mainly due to the accumulative action of bream and tench snot. It did give a good account of itself though.

Presumably a female given it's smooth countenance and general plumpness and probably a six-plusser. This is it's Instagram selfie pout better side, no filter applied. With me you get what you're given fizzogg  wise but a few lads or lassies would be quite disappointed when they met up with their Tinder/Grindr dates in the actual flesh, road map guidelines adhered to of course.


Towards the end I went a bit further out with a looser shotting pattern and found some roach and skimmers on the drop when my frozen hands cooperated. Quite a few of which disappeared into the toothy maw of my furloughed companion with it's fetching facial white streak identifier when I slipped them back. This one survived. Oh, and  a single swallow put in an appearance  and a cormorant didn't land due to the members being present on scaring duties deployment.





No comments:

Post a Comment