Tuesday 7 March 2023

Blowing away the cobwebs

Sleet at least forecast for today but not reliably dry my BBC Weather crApp said. Salt pinch at hand. So I started the day worth a cobweb blowing away walk along Cromer sea front via the excellent Gangway and a  read of a Mabey over a good and good value flat white at 2.80. The sleet was certainly forming over an angry North Sea. And it was bloody freezing cold. And it did snow.





I looked at some mackies in Morrisons but they weren't that fresh so I'll see how my freezer stocks go between now and the last day. Couldn't find an inspiring tin of soup that wasn't silly money so had a pair of soft boiled eggs in a bap when I got home. Plunge in boing water for 6 mins, straight in cold water and knock the shell. Peel carefully and you will have perfect firm whites and when you split them the yolk will be runny. They will stay like that. You'll thank me.

Chores done and it looked fairly clear out still so went into Wroxham to top up the maggot stocks, and chanced me arm in the aquarium as it was free on one half. My right hand companions had more fish, mostly dace or chublets with the exception of  one very decent roach.

Me mostly roach, and three in particular belters.



I weighed this one at 1.03





I think theirs was bigger, it certainly was longer. Happy days indeed. And it was just cold without the bloody freezing bit. 











5 comments: